Five Student 2 Hr Private Session
Our five student sessions focus on what the students want or need to learn. Students often find that being in a group of people they are comfortable with, not only reduces the cost per head, but also adds to the enjoyment while learning.
2 Hour for 5 = $90 ea ($45 p/h)
REFUND: A refund will be credited to the card of which the session(s) were purchased after 30 days of the purchase date if the person, for which the session(s) were purchased, has not contacted or responded to us to make a booking date.
- 2 Hour private session of professional skills training for 5 persons
- Your choice of location* from our available locations (listed below)
- Your choice of beginner and/or intermediate skill(s) to be taught
NOTE: Although your mountain bike can be entry-level, it is required that your bike is fitted with mountain bike tyres and not touring/semi-slick tyres. If you are unsure, please ask us.
What will I learn?
We can teach you anything from how to check your bike for problems through to learning to jump.
Common skills we are asked to teach include the following:
- Advanced cornering quickly on flat turns and berms
- Basic cornering
- Dealing with rocks
- Wheel lifting & manuals
- Bike handling for more speed
- Climbing & descending steep, pinches and switchbacks
- Small jump/hopping
- Race skills
- Location-specific manoeuvres
- Correct positioning on the bike
- Choosing the best lines
- Correct gear changing
- Correct braking
- Getting over small obstacles
- and more.
*For both safety and maximum cost benefit to the customer, the students will all need to learn same skills together.
Is this session for me?
"I'm shy so I prefer to learn with a group of people I know."
“I have a mountain bike but I’m scared to ride it on mountain bike trails.”
“I would just like to learn properly.”
“I have not mountain biked in a long time and need to brush up on my skills.”
“I can ride ok but struggle to get over logs or down hills.”
“I would just like to learn how to hop over obstacles properly.”
“Can't work out how to take corners faster.”
“I already ride well but I’m not really getting better.”
“My riding friends are all better than I am.”
“I can ride ok but struggle when trails point down over rocks.”
If any of these statements sound like you then perhaps this session is for you.
We have several locations available to us through NSW Forestry and NSW National Parks for teaching.
- Glenrock MTB Park - Cnr Gun Club Rd & Fernleigh Loop, Merewether NSW 2291 - MAP
- Awaba MTB Park - 600m up Jenkins Rd (Dirt) at 275 Mount Faulk Rd, Olney NSW - MAP
- Ourimbah - 600m up Red Hill Rd (drive on dirt road past the Tree Tops Adventure Park) at 275 Yarramalong Rd, Ourimbah NSW. - MAP
* Locations to be confirmed and will be changed if trail or weather conditions are not favourable on the day.
Refunds/Transfers (from our Terms & Conditions)
3.1. No transfers from one course/training/session will be given in the event a client or clients can not attend. If a client or clients can not attend then the conditions of clause 5 below will be employed.
3.2. A full refund is available for cancellation with more than seven days prior to the course/training/session start date. A cancellation less than seven days to the course/training/session start date will result in Momentum Is Your Friend retaining 100% of the course/training/session fees. Momentum Is Your Friend cannot cater for refund requests arising from injuries, sickness or illness (of any type), change of mind or other reasons a client or clients may have.
3.3. All prices are quoted in AUD (Australian Dollars).
Full Terms and Conditions Available Here
How to book and pay
Note: Browser cookies should be set on. You may not be able to complete your purchase if cookies are set to off/not allowed.
- After reading through this page you click on the relevant "Book Now" link.
- Now on the booking page for your session choice, you can read through what your choice entails and once done, scroll to the bottom of the page. In the box is a Quantity Select Box so you can choose several sessions of the same type if you need. Once the quantity is correct, click the green "ADD TO CART" button.
- You are now in your 'Cart' and again check or add to the quantity if you wish. If everything appears correct, click the green "PROCEED TO CHECKOUT" button.
- You are now on the Billing Details form where you give us your details and tell us what you wish to learn etc. Fill out all the fields and in the final box, tell us a few days/dates, times and which of our 3 locations suit you best. You can tell us 1,2 or 3 locations. Note: Sometimes we'll recommend a different location if the chosen location isn't suitable for the skills lessons you are after. Once done, click the "I have read..." and then click the green "PLACE ORDER" button.
- You are now on the Payment page where you fill out your credit card details and click on the green "CONFIRM AND PAY" button.
The system automatically sends both you and us an email showing your skills session order. We will email you back within a business day or two to arrange your skills instruction session.
Note: If you don't receive an email, first check your email Junk/Spam folders in case they went there.