Corona-virus (CORVID-19) & Momentum Is Your Friend
We will be enforcing strict Social Distancing beyond the current advised distance at all times during our private xc sessions.
If you book a private session with us be ready to observe and follow the precautions below:
- Keep space between yourself and others - our coaches and students at each session are to keep the current government and health advised minimum distances from other people at all times,
- Don’t shake hands or hug anybody,
- Avoid touching anything that is not yours including water bottles, bikes, bike gear or bike tools etc,
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or a flexed elbow, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth as much as possible.
- If a student/participant shows up with signs of sickness we are required to turn them back home and ask them to call their doctor. As our skills instructor(s) have been engaged for the day's booking, no refund can be given.
- If you've booked in and then feel sick in any way after making your booking but before your booking day, please let us know and you're booking will be cancelled and refunded.
ABOUT THE INTERMEDIATE GRAVITY ENDURO SESSION
We run these as a group session a few times each year. To book in for one of these sessions, keep an eye on our home page for the next session to be listed and click that link.
For ages 13 yrs and above.
Our Intermediate Gravity Enduro Session is approx. a 3 hour session of lessons on a gravity enduro track with experienced, globally accredited mountain bike instructors who also have many years of experience in downhill racing. The session has limited places in order to better facilitate participant experience and learning, as well as risk management. The Intermediate Gravity Enduro session will concentrate on building upon the foundation skills learned in our Intro to Gravity Enduro session to help you carry more speed and tackle bigger trail features on a gravity enduro track.
Each group may contain up to approx. 6 riders maximum. Each session will have 2 coach/instructors.
WHO IS THIS SESSION FOR?
Our Intermediate Gravity Enduro Session is for:
- experienced intermediate level XC and Gravity Enduro riders wanting to build on the basic skills for gravity enduro.
- gravity enduro racers who feel they need to step up their confidence in order to become an intermediate level gravity rider.
Riders this session suits already ride most obstacles and features on blue cross country trails but find black xc trails too much. The session suits gravity racers who aren't confident tackling rocky obstacles at speed or getting the bike off the ground.
Momentum Is Your Friend employs PMBIA and MTBA accredited coaches.
Pre-requisites for doing this class
- Must have done our Intro to GE session AND our Advanced Cornering 3hr Session AND achieved a satisfactory result according to our coaches OR,
- Is well known to one of our PMBIA coaches who vouches you qualify OR,
- Have completed a One on One Private GE Intro Pre-requisite session prior to the Intermediate GE class OR,
- Are a strong, all round intermediate/advanced cross country rider and will be able to exhibit this on the day if required prior to the class commencing. Feel free to shoot us an email or message via Facebook if you have any questions.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Our Intermediate Gravity Enduro Session is all about helping you to develop and practice more advanced downhill skills so you can not only confidently ride gravity enduro trails but also take your gravity enduro racing more seriously.
Skills learned will include:
- Body position
- Advanced cornering quickly on flat turns and berms
- Flowing over rocks and rocky descents
- Drops & rollovers
- Line choice & trail awareness
- Bike handling for more speed
- Small jump/wheel lifts/hopping/tabletops
- Race skills
- Location specific manoeuvres
Note: Session and program content may be altered at the coaches discretion for reasons of safety, weather, to better cater for the riders or other requirements.
IS THIS INTERMEDIATE GRAVITY ENDURO SESSION FOR ME?
I’ve started riding gravity enduro but...
“I need to learn to tackle some more challenging trail features.”
“I can’t get speed or smoothness over rocks.”
“I can’t rollover or even leap off the drops and stuff well.”
“I’m slow down hill.”
"I lose my front grip when I try to push hard through corners"
“I often accidentally hit trees, banks, other riders and Ewoks.”
"Table tops slow me right down"
If any of these statements sound like you then perhaps our Intermediate Gravity Enduro Session is for you.
WHAT TO BRING
Your mountain bike will need to be suited to gravity enduro/advanced cross country riding and fitted with mountain bike tyres also suited to rough terrain. We strongly suggest using a tyre with an aggressive tread pattern and minimum width of 2.3 inches. 2.5-2.8 is more common. Lightweight cross country, touring or semi-slick tyres are not suitable.
Although a hardtail bike can be used, by far the most popular choices for gravity enduro are bikes of between 130 - 170mm full suspension travel and head tube angles between 67-64 degrees.
If you are unsure about any of this, please ask us.
We do ask that, to the best of your ability, that you try to ensure your bike is in good working and properly set up for your body shape and weight prior to the class. We cannot hold the class up to aid mechanical repairs.
Full Face Helmet (compulsory)
You are required to wear a correctly fitting, FULL FACE, Australian approved helmet during all gravity sessions.
Dropper Post (optional)
Although not compulsory, having a dropper post on your bike is an advantage for some intermediate and advanced skills. If you don't have a dropper post, we strongly advise setting your seat height to a low height for riding a gravity enduro trail. You can talk to our instructors prior to the class beginning about this if you need.
Knee and Elbow Pads (compulsory)
All students will be required to wear extra protection in the form of hard or soft shell pads on both knees and elbows. You not only gain the protection but also the confidence that comes from knowing you have the protection.
Body Armour (optional)
If you own any sort of body armour then feel free to wear it. Protective gear is useless when you are crashing and it's sitting in a closet at home.
Full Terms and Conditions Available Here
All current and upcoming programs
There are no upcoming events at this time.