Corona-virus (CORVID-19) & Momentum Is Your Friend
We will be enforcing strict Social Distancing beyond the current advised distance at all times during our private GE sessions.
If you book a private session with us be ready to observe and follow the precautions below:
- Keep space between yourself and others - our coaches and students at each session are to keep the current government and health advised minimum distances from other people at all times,
- Don’t shake hands or hug anybody,
- Avoid touching anything that is not yours including water bottles, bikes, bike gear or bike tools etc,
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or a flexed elbow, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth as much as possible.
- If a student/participant shows up with signs of sickness we are required to turn them back home and ask them to call their doctor. As our skills instructor(s) have been engaged for the day's booking, no refund can be given.
- If you've booked in and then feel sick in any way after making your booking but before your booking day, please let us know and you're booking will be cancelled and refunded.
WHAT ARE PRIVATE GE SESSIONS?
Our private gravity enduro (GE) sessions consist of One on One and Dual Student sessions with a qualified PMBIA skills instructor/coach. Private GE sessions are for 1 or 2 students for 2 hours and suited to gravity enduro beginners or less experienced gravity riders looking to improve on the basics.
What is a One on One session?
A One on One session is just you and a coach. This is designed to give you maximum attention and time during the session. One on one sessions will be tailored to your current skill level with the view to advancing your riding skills and confidence. Get full attention on what you want to learn, just you and the coach.
2 Hour = $190 (95 p/h) Book Now
What is a Dual Student session?
A Dual Student session is you, a friend and a coach. This is designed to still allow you to still have much more personal attention from the coach than a group session full of strangers, but share the experience and cost. This benefits those who are uncomfortable with the One on One scenario and, because there are two students in the session, costs you less money as well.
2 Hour Dual = $170 ea (85 p/h) Book Now
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Our private GE sessions are all about helping you to focus on the introduction to intermediate level gravity skills you feel you need. Your coach will tailor the lesson to suit what you and they feel is best for you to learn that day.
Skills learned may include 1 or more of the following:
- Body position
- Advanced cornering quickly on flat turns and berms
- Dealing with rocks
- Line choice & trail awareness
- Bike handling for more speed
- Small jump/wheel lifts/hopping/tabletops
- Race skills
- Location-specific manoeuvres
Note: Session and program content may be altered at the coaches discretion for reasons of safety, weather, to better cater for the riders or other requirements.
IS THIS PRIVATE GRAVITY ENDURO SESSION FOR ME?
I’m an average intermediate cross country rider and want to try gravity enduro but...
"I can never get to group sessions so need to learn at a time more convenient to me"
"I'm shy and nervous about learning with others I don't know"
“I need to learn to tackle some more challenging trail features.”
“I can’t get up and over roots and rocks well.”
“I can’t roll over or even leap off the drops and stuff well.”
“I’m slow down hill.”
"I lose my nerve when the trail heads downhill, especially if it's bumpy or rocky"
“I already ride a lot but I’m not really getting better.”
"Tabletops make me cry"
If any of these statements sound like you then perhaps our private GE sessions are for you.
SESSION INFO (Length, Age Locations)
Our private GE sessions are approx. 2 hours in length give or take.
Our private GE sessions are for people from 13 yrs old and up.
We have currently 1 location available to us through NSW Forestry for teaching. You will meet your coach here and either drive up to the gravity trailhead together or separately depending on the arrangements made.
- Ourimbah - 600m up Red Hill Rd (drive on dirt road past the Tree Tops Adventure Park) at 275 Yarramalong Rd, Ourimbah NSW. - MAP
* Locations to be confirmed and will be changed if trail or weather conditions are not favourable on the day.
WHAT YOU NEED
Your mountain bike will need to be suited to gravity enduro/advanced cross country riding and fitted with mountain bike tyres also suited to rough terrain. We strongly suggest using a tyre with an aggressive tread pattern and a minimum width of 2.3 inches. 2.5-2.8 is more common. Lightweight cross country, touring or semi-slick tyres are not suitable.
Although a hardtail bike can be used, by far the most popular choices for gravity enduro are bikes of between 130 - 170mm full suspension travel and head tube angles between 67-64 degrees.
If you are unsure about any of this, please ask us.
We do ask that, to the best of your ability, that you try to ensure your bike is in good working and properly set up for your body shape and weight prior to the class. We cannot hold the class up to aid mechanical repairs.
Full Face Helmet (compulsory)
The MTBA enforces compulsory, full face helmets for gravity enduro events for good reason. You only have one head and face. You are required to wear a correctly fitting, FULL FACE, Australian approved helmet during all sessions.
Dropper Post (optional)
Although not compulsory, having a dropper post on your bike is an advantage for some intermediate and advanced skills. If you don't have a dropper post, we strongly advise setting your seat height to a low height for riding a gravity enduro trail. You can talk to our instructors prior to the class beginning about this if you need.
Knee and Elbow Pads (compulsory)
All students will be required to wear extra protection in the form of hard or soft shell pads on both knees and elbows. You not only gain the protection but also the confidence that comes from knowing you have the protection.
Book a Personal Session Today by contacting us for dates and time options!
There are no upcoming events at this time.