Dual Student 2 Hr Private GE Session
Our dual student sessions focus on what the students want or need to learn. With only two students, the mountain bike coach’s attention isn’t shared across a large group. This results in a higher learning curve.
2 Hour Dual = $170 ea ($85 p/h)
REFUND: A refund will be credited to the card of which the session(s) were purchased after 30 days of the purchase date if the person, for which the session(s) were purchased, has not contacted or responded to us to make a booking date.
- 2-hour private session of professional skills training for 2 persons
- Your choice of beginner and/or intermediate skill(s) to be taught
WHAT YOU NEED
Your mountain bike will need to be suited to gravity enduro/advanced cross country riding and fitted with mountain bike tyres also suited to rough terrain. We strongly suggest using a tyre with an aggressive tread pattern and a minimum width of 2.3 inches. 2.5-2.8 is more common. Lightweight cross country, touring or semi-slick tyres are not suitable.
Although a hardtail bike can be used, by far the most popular choices for gravity enduro are bikes of between 130 – 170mm full suspension travel and head tube angles between 67-64 degrees.
If you are unsure about any of this, please ask us.
We do ask that, to the best of your ability, that you try to ensure your bike is in good working and properly set up for your body shape and weight prior to the class. We cannot hold the class up to aid mechanical repairs.
Full Face Helmet (compulsory)
The MTBA enforces compulsory, full face helmets for gravity enduro events for good reason. You only have one head and face. You are required to wear a correctly fitting, FULL FACE, Australian approved helmet during all sessions.
Dropper Post (optional)
Although not compulsory, having a dropper post on your bike is an advantage for some intermediate and advanced skills. If you don’t have a dropper post, we strongly advise setting your seat height to a low height for riding a gravity enduro trail. You can talk to our instructors prior to the class beginning about this if you need.
Knee and Elbow Pads (compulsory)
All students will be required to wear extra protection in the form of hard or soft shell pads on both knees and elbows. You not only gain the protection but also the confidence that comes from knowing you have the protection.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Our private GE sessions are all about helping you to focus on the introduction to intermediate level gravity skills you feel you need. Your coach will tailor the lesson to suit what you and they feel is best for you to learn that day.
Skills learned may include 1 or more of the following:
- Body position
- Advanced cornering quickly on flat turns and berms
- Dealing with rocks
- Line choice & trail awareness
- Bike handling for more speed
- Small jump/wheel lifts/hopping/tabletops
- Race skills
- Location-specific manoeuvres
Note: Session and program content may be altered at the coaches discretion for reasons of safety, weather, to better cater for the riders or other requirements.
IS THIS PRIVATE GRAVITY ENDURO SESSION FOR ME?
I’m an average intermediate cross country rider and want to try gravity enduro but…
“I can never get to group sessions so need to learn at a time more convenient to me”
“I’m shy and nervous about learning with others I don’t know”
“I need to learn to tackle some more challenging trail features.”
“I can’t get up and over roots and rocks well.”
“I can’t roll over or even leap off the drops and stuff well.”
“I’m slow down hill.”
“I lose my nerve when the trail heads downhill, especially if it’s bumpy or rocky”
“I already ride a lot but I’m not really getting better.”
“Tabletops make me cry”
If any of these statements sound like you then perhaps our private GE sessions are for you.
We have currently 1 location available to us through NSW Forestry for teaching. You will meet your coach here and either drive up to the gravity trailhead together or separately depending on the arrangements made.
- Ourimbah – 600m up Red Hill Rd (drive on dirt road past the Tree Tops Adventure Park) at 275 Yarramalong Rd, Ourimbah NSW. – MAP
* Locations to be confirmed and will be changed if trail or weather conditions are not favourable on the day.
How to book and pay
Note: Browser cookies should be set on. You may not be able to complete your purchase if cookies are set to off/not allowed.
- After reading through this page you click on the relevant “Book Now” link.
- Now on the booking page for your session choice, you can read through what your choice entails and once done, scroll to the bottom of the page. In the box is a Quantity Select Box so you can choose several sessions of the same type if you need. Once the quantity is correct, click the green “ADD TO CART” button.
- You are now in your ‘Cart’ and again check or add to the quantity if you wish. If everything appears correct, click the green “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” button.
- You are now on the Billing Details form where you give us your details and tell us what you wish to learn etc. Fill out all the fields and in the final box, tell us a few days/dates, times and which of our 3 locations suit you best. You can tell us 1,2 or 3 locations. Note: Sometimes we’ll recommend a different location if the chosen location isn’t suitable for the skills lessons you are after. Once done, click the “I have read…” and then click the green “PLACE ORDER” button.
- You are now on the Payment page where you fill out your credit card details and click on the green “CONFIRM AND PAY” button.
The system automatically sends both you and us an email showing your skills session order. We will email you back within a business day or two to arrange your skills instruction session.
Note: If you don’t receive an email, first check your email Junk/Spam folders in case they went there.