Step It Up Skills Clinic – AWABA – 26th Feb
February 26 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am$95
In accordance with current mandates, some precautions should be considered when attending any activity with other people involved.
- Keep space between yourself and others – we instruct our coaches and students at each session to keep the current government and health advised minimum distances from other people at all times,
- Don’t shake hands or hug anybody,
- Avoid touching anything that is not yours including water bottles, bikes, bike gear or bike tools etc,
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or a flexed elbow, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth as much as possible.
- If a student/participant shows up with signs of sickness we are required to turn them back home and ask them to call their doctor.
Our Step It Up Skills clinic is aimed at those riders from beginners struggling with self-confidence through to riders who have been riding a little while but, either lack commitment or find themselves left behind too often.
Want to become in charge of your bike, to have the confidence to size up a trail or feature and KNOW just what to do with it?! Don’t let your bike take you for a ride – YOU take back that control and find where it can take you!
For ages 10 yrs and above.
Location & Map: Awaba MTB Park (link to directions map)
Facilities: No water at location. Drop toilets on site.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Sessions begin with basic Foundation of Skills and progress out onto the trails, tackling features and terrain that would otherwise have you worried. Not today, for we will show you the techniques that will give riders better stability and confidence. You will get to FEEL the difference and want more!
Skills learned will include the following and more.
- Correct body positions
- Braking and Gear selection
- Cornering techniques
- Terrain Awareness
- Balance and control
- Handling small obstacles
IS THIS FOR ME?
We’re interested in having you join us if you fit one or more of the descriptions below;
- New or relatively new to MTB.
- Only feels confident or comfortable riding the easier/green trails.
- Struggles to get any flow or speed even on easier/green trails.
- Has problems with braking and wheels locking up.
- Finds themselves in the wrong gear often.
- Can’t or struggles to get over obstacles such as logs and rocks etc on trails.
- Often feels like they are going to go over the bars.
- Have been riding for some time, or returning to MTB after a long break, but feel like they are still at a novice level of riding.
“I have a mountain bike but I’m nervous to ride it on mountain bike trails.”
“I just would like to learn properly.”
“I have not mountain biked in a long time and need to brush up on my skills.”
“I already ride a lot but I’m not really getting better. Like I’ve stagnated?!”
“My riding friends are all better than I am.”
“I have a great new bike, so I want to know how to use it better.”
“I can ride ok but struggle to get over logs or downhills.”
If any of these statements sound like you then perhaps this group program is for you. Still unsure, drop us an enquiry and let us help you directly!
WHAT TO BRING
Your mountain bike will need to be suited to cross country riding and fitted with mountain bike tyres. Touring or semi-slick tyres are not suitable.
If you are unsure about any of this, please ask us.
We do ask that, to the best of your ability, that you try to ensure your bike is in good working and properly set up for your body shape and weight prior to the class. We cannot hold the class up to aid mechanical repairs.
- Bike in good working order (including your usual spares for rides, chain lubed etc)
- Helmet (compulsory of course)
- Snacks & Water (in hydro pack or bottles etc for breaks)
- MTB Gloves (recommended but not compulsory)
- Sunscreen & Bug Spray (just in case it’s a beautiful day or the bugs hate us)
- Change of Clothes (so you don’t stink your car out going home)
Refunds/Transfers (from our Terms & Conditions)
3.1. No transfers from one course/training/session will be given in the event a client or clients can not attend. If a client or clients can not attend then the conditions of clause 5 below will be employed.
3.2. A full refund is available for cancellation with more than seven days prior to the course/training/session start date. A cancellation less than seven days to the course/training/session start date will result in Momentum Is Your Friend retaining 100% of the course/training/session fees. Momentum Is Your Friend cannot cater for refund requests arising from injuries, sickness or illness (of any type), change of mind or other reasons a client or clients may have.
3.3. All prices are quoted in AUD (Australian Dollars).
Full Terms and Conditions Available Here