- This event has passed.
Kid’s One Day Clinic Glenrock- 9th Jan 2021
January 9 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm$109
In accordance with current mandates, some precautions should be considered when attending any activity with other people involved.
- Keep space between yourself and others – we instruct our coaches and students at each session to keep the current government and health advised minimum distances from other people at all times,
- Don’t shake hands or hug anybody,
- Avoid touching anything that is not yours including water bottles, bikes, bike gear or bike tools etc,
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or a flexed elbow, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth as much as possible.
- If a student/participant shows up with signs of sickness we are required to turn them back home and ask them to call their doctor.
For school aged children 7 yrs and above.
- 6 Hours of Professional Skills Training
- 1 x 8 coach/student ratio
Location & Map: Glenrock MTB Park (link to directions map)
Facilities: No water or toilets available at location.
More information will be emailed out a day or so before the session.
Check In: 8.45am – 9am
Bike Check: 8.45am – 9.15am
Session 1: 9.15am – 10.15am
Morning Break: 10.15am – 10.30am (BYO food and drink)
Session 2: 10.30am – 12.30pm
Lunch: 12.30pm – 1.30pm (BYO food and drink)
Session 3: 1.30pm – 2.30pm
Feedback/Q&A: 2.30pm – 3pm
This clinic is aimed at school aged children of all abilities. The clinic will have limited numbers to better allow the coaches and students to interact and deliver the various lessons. If you have been riding for a few years but want to push your limits in a safer manner, or you’re just starting to learn coming off balance wheels and have limited experience, this is the perfect session for you! Our coaches have experience in delivering techniques and skills that create a fun learning experience that the kid’s can take on to further their riding experience! Timings are approximate, dependent on students and weather conditions (warmer weather will require more water breaks!).
What will I learn?
Following introductions and bike safety checks, students will be split into groups to better provide the lessons. They will begin with basic skills and progress through towards skills that give the riders better stability and confidence. Some lessons are even delivered in a fun, game like format that kid’s always enjoy!
Skills learned will include the following and more.
- Body Position
- Braking and Gear selection
- Basic Cornering
- Balance and Control
- Basic Jumping
- Trail Awareness
- Learning to flow and trail riding.
WHAT TO BRING
Your mountain bike will need to be suited to cross country riding and fitted with mountain bike tyres. Touring or semi-slick tyres are not suitable.
If you are unsure about any of this, please ask us.
We do ask that, to the best of your ability, that you try to ensure your bike is in good working and properly set up for your body shape and weight prior to the class. We cannot hold the class up to aid mechanical repairs.
- Bike in good working order (including your usual spares for rides, chain lubed etc)
- Helmet (compulsory of course)
- Snacks & Water (in hydro pack or bottles etc for breaks)
- MTB Gloves (highly recommended but not compulsory)
- Sunscreen & Bug Spray (just in case it’s a beautiful day or the bugs are hungry)
- Change of Clothes (nice optional, so you don’t stink your car out going home)
Refunds/Transfers (from our Terms & Conditions)
3.1. No transfers from one course/training/session will be given in the event a client or clients can not attend. If a client or clients can not attend then the conditions of clause 5 below will be employed.
3.2. A full refund is available for cancellation with more than seven days prior to the course/training/session start date. A cancellation less than seven days to the course/training/session start date will result in Momentum Is Your Friend retaining 100% of the course/training/session fees. Momentum Is Your Friend cannot cater for refund requests arising from injuries, sickness or illness (of any type), change of mind or other reasons a client or clients may have.
3.3. All prices are quoted in AUD (Australian Dollars).
Full Terms and Conditions Available Here