- This event has passed.
Kid’s One Day Clinic Awaba – 12th April
April 12 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm$109
In accordance with current mandates, some precautions should be considered when attending any activity with other people involved.
- Keep space between yourself and others – we instruct our coaches and students at each session to keep the current government and health advised minimum distances from other people at all times,
- Don’t shake hands or hug anybody,
- Avoid touching anything that is not yours including water bottles, bikes, bike gear or bike tools etc,
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or a flexed elbow, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth as much as possible.
- If a student/participant shows up with signs of sickness we are required to turn them back home and ask them to call their doctor.
For school aged children 7 yrs and above.
- 6 Hours of Professional Skills Training
- 1 x 6 coach/student ratio
Location & Map: Awaba MTB Park (link to directions map)
Facilities: No water at location. Drop toilets on site.
More information will be emailed out a day or so before the session.
Proposed times (subject to coaches discretion)
Check In: 8.45am – 9am
Bike Check: 9am – 9.15am
Session 1: 9.15am – 10.00am
Morning Break: 10.00am – 10.10am (BYO food and drink)
Session 2: 10.10am – 12.00pm
Lunch: 12.00pm – 12.30pm (BYO food and drink or these can be purchased from shops in Cooranbong or Freemans Waterhole)
Session 3: 12.30pm – 2.30pm
Feedback/Q&A: 2.30pm – 3pm
This one day clinic is aimed at school aged children who love riding bikes, who want to learn how to ride more safely and gain confidence using their own bikes. This workshop will cover core basic skills, maintenance tips, basic how-to’s such as changing gears, braking and balance.
This clinic has limited numbers to allow better student / coach focus, so every child will gain our full attention to improving their bike handling skills and increased enjoyment!
It doesn’t matter if your child has been riding for years or is just coming off balance wheels, we can accommodate for everyone’s needs.
After going through the basic’s and introductions, we will look at splitting up the groups to better deliver the techniques and skills. We will cover the basic’s such as;
- Bike Set up and Maintenance Tips
- Body Position
- Changing Gears
- Balance and Control
- Basic Cornering
- Basic Jumping
- Trail Awareness
- Trail Riding
It is a long day, but we do adapt our coaching methods and styles to suit most children. Children are encouraged to take regular breaks and eat/drink regularly to fuel them throughout the day. Students will be under supervision and guided at all times, with no one left out! If you have any questions, feel free to contact us via email.