- This event has passed.
Intermediate Intro to Jumping – Awaba 20th February
February 20 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$95
In accordance with current mandates, some precautions should be considered when attending any activity with other people involved.
- Keep space between yourself and others – we instruct our coaches and students at each session to keep the current government and health advised minimum distances from other people at all times,
- Don’t shake hands or hug anybody,
- Avoid touching anything that is not yours including water bottles, bikes, bike gear or bike tools etc,
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or a flexed elbow, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth as much as possible.
- If a student/participant shows up with signs of sickness we are required to turn them back home and ask them to call their doctor.
Our intermediate masterclass Intro to Jumping session is aimed at intermediate riders with a reasonable amount of mountain biking experience who want to learn to jump/hop. The aim is to have you confidently jumping off all those rollover/steps downs that you usually have to brake and roll over while watching your riding buddies simply launch over them and disappear on you.
For ages 13 yrs and above.
Location & Map: Awaba MTB Park (link to directions map)
Facilities: No water at location. Drop toilets on site.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
We deliver a progressive session designed for those who have never got their bike off the ground before, or those who have started getting off the ground but are having trouble jumping and landing consistently. You will start by learning techniques you need to jump on flat ground before we ease you into using a very small, purpose-built jump. We won’t let you progress until we are confident you have the technique sorted and are unlikely to hurt yourself. From there, you progress to another larger jump and then, when and if you are ready, we’ll add in other jump related challenges also.
We will also be throwing in some time to look the why and when to do manuals, wheelies and how to do these both in our safe training area, and then out on the trail.
IS THIS FOR ME?
“I can ride fine but have to brake and rollover the step-downs and little jumps on the trail.”
“I don’t necessarily want to go on to do huge jumps, but I would like to be able to leap off anything up to about knee height”
“Not being able to keep up with my riding mates when there’s small step-downs on the trail frustrates me.”
“I can’t figure out how to get my bike to jump at all.”
“I can jump a little bit, but usually shoot off crooked on take-off.”
If any of these statements sound like you, then perhaps this 1 off, 3hr class is for you.
WHAT TO BRING
- Mountain Bike – Although your mountain bike can be entry-level, it is required that your bike is fitted with mountain bike tyres and not touring/semi-slick tyres. Preferably tyres with good grip in loose conditions. If you are unsure, please ask us. We do ask that, to the best of your ability, that you try to ensure your bike is in good working order prior to the class.
- Helmet – You are required to wear a correctly fitting, Australian approved helmet during all sessions.
- Dropper Post (recommended but not necessary) – Although not compulsory, having a dropper post on your bike is an advantage for many intermediate and advanced skills. If you don’t have a dropper post, you may wish to lower your seat height for some of the lessons.
- Knee and/or Elbow Pads (optional) – Although not compulsory, we do recommend considering extra protection in the form of soft shell pads. You not only gain the protection but also the confidence that comes from knowing you have the protection.
Refunds/Transfers (from our Terms & Conditions)
3.1. No transfers from one course/training/session will be given in the event a client or clients can not attend. If a client or clients can not attend then the conditions of clause 5 below will be employed.
3.2. A full refund is available for cancellation with more than seven days prior to the course/training/session start date. A cancellation less than seven days to the course/training/session start date will result in Momentum Is Your Friend retaining 100% of the course/training/session fees. Momentum Is Your Friend cannot cater for refund requests arising from injuries, sickness or illness (of any type), change of mind or other reasons a client or clients may have.
3.3. All prices are quoted in AUD (Australian Dollars).
Full Terms and Conditions Available Here