- This event has passed.
Intermediate ‘Fast Track CBRR’ One Day Clinic 23rd Feb
February 23 @ 7:30 am - 3:00 pm$30 – $145
Control, Balance, Rock n Rolls
Intermediate 1 Day Skills Clinic
For ages 13 yrs and above.
- 6 Hours of Professional Skills Training
- 1 x 5 coach ratio maximum
Location: Ourimbah MTB Park (Direction map will be emailed out just before the day of clinic)
Facilities: Nil. No water food or toilets at location. Nearest toilets are approx. 3 km drive at 62 Yarramalong Rd, Mardi NSW 2259.
Check In: 7.30am - 7.45am
Bike Check & Intro: 7.45am - 8.00am
Session 1: 8.00am - 10.00am
Morning Break: 10.00am - 10.15am (BYO food and drink)
Session 2: 10.15am - 12.15pm
Lunch: 12.15pm - 1.00pm (BYO food and drink as lunch will be in the forest.)
Session 3: 1.00pm - 3.00pm
Feedback/Q&A: 3.00pm - 3.10pm
Intermediate 'Fast Track CBRR' One day Mountain Bike Skills Clinic
Our intermediate 'Fast Track Control, Balance, Rock n Rolls' mtb skills one day clinic is aimed at those riders looking for a variety of skills to compliment the cornering, jumping and trail skills learned at our intermediate 'Fast Track Rails,Taking Flight & Flow' 1 day clinic. The clinic provides the participants the opportunity to step up their basic intermediate skills or even become an intermediate rider if they feel they need help to make it happen.
Riders this one day clinic suits probably already ride many of the basic obstacles and features on country cross trails, but now want to take on some the technical challenges that evade them and gain more speed and flow on the trails. This clinic takes the skills you learn as a beginner and introduces new and intermediate/advanced skills to improve your riding overall.
- NOTE 1: The aim is to demonstrate and allow enough practice time for students to take away the fundamentals they need to continue to practice each skill. Full competency in some skills may require continued practice on a rider's own time or later with a qualified coach.
- NOTE 2: Although your mountain bike can be entry level, it is required that your bike is fitted with mountain bike tyres and not touring/semi-slick tyres. If you are unsure, please ask us.
What will I learn?
Sessions within our intermediate 'Fast Track Control, Balance, Rock n Rolls' mtb skills one day clinic, focuses on specialised skills helpful in racing and general mountain biking.
Skills learned will include the following and more.
- Front and rear wheel control
- Front & rear wheel lifting
- Trail manuals
- Riding skinnies
- Rocky climbs
Is this program for me?
“I would just like to learn how to hop over obstacles properly.”
“My wheels just bash into stuff.”
"Rolling over rocky drops etc scare the hell out of me."
"I need to learn how to keep momentum in bumpy terrain."
“I already ride well but I’m not really getting better.”
“My riding friends are all better than I am.”
“I can ride ok but struggle when trails climb over rocks.”
If any of these statements sound like you then perhaps this group program is for you.
What to bring
- Bike in good working order (including your usual spares for rides, chain lubed etc)
- Helmet (compulsory of course)
- Snacks & Water (in hydro pack or bottles etc for breaks.)
- Food & Drink (for lunch breaks)
- Elbow & Knee Pads (recommended but not compulsory)
- MTB Gloves (recommended but not compulsory)
- Sunscreen & Bug Spray (just in case it's a beautiful day or the bugs hate us)
- Change of Clothes (so you don't stink your car out going home)
Purchasable Momentum Products