- This event has passed.
Intermediate ‘Fast Track RTFF’ One Day Clinic
December 15, 2018 @ 7:45 am - 3:00 pm$145
Rails, Taking Flight & Flow
Intermediate 1 Day Skills Clinic
For ages 13 yrs and above.
- 6 Hours of Professional Skills Training
- 1 x 5 coach ratio maximum
Location: Awaba MTB Park (Direction map will be emailed out just before the day of clinic)
Facilities: Unisex drop toilets are located on site. No water or food available at location.
Check In: 7.45am
Bike Check & Intro: 7.45am - 8.00am
Session 1: 8.00am - 10.00am
Morning Break: 10.00am - 10.15am (BYO food and drink)
Session 2: 10.15am - 12.15pm
Lunch: 12.15pm - 1.00pm (BYO food and drink or these can be purchased from shops in Cooranbong or Freemans Waterhole)
Session 3: 1.00pm - 3.00pm
Feedback/Q&A: 3.00pm - 3.10pm
Intermediate 'Fast Track RTFF' One day Mountain Bike Skills Clinic
Our intermediate 'Fast Track Rails,Taking Flight & Flow' mtb skills one day clinic is aimed at those riders who want to get the fundamentals right, corner like a champ, learn to get of the ground and find some flow on the trails in order to become a competent, confident intermediate rider.
Riders this one day clinic suits probably already ride many of the basic obstacles and features on country cross trails, but now want to take on some the technical challenges that evade them and gain more speed and flow on the trails. This clinic takes the skills you learn as a beginner and introduces new and intermediate/advanced skills to improve your riding overall.
- NOTE 1: The aim is to demonstrate and allow enough practice time for students to take away the fundamentals they need to continue to practice each skill. Full competency in some skills may require continued practice on a rider's own time or later with a qualified coach.
- NOTE 2: Although your mountain bike can be entry level, it is required that your bike is fitted with mountain bike tyres and not touring/semi-slick tyres. If you are unsure, please ask us.
What will I learn?
Sessions within our intermediate 'Fast Track Rails,Taking Flight & Flow' mtb skills one day clinic, will continue to educate you on everything riding, including skills helpful in racing and general mountain biking.
Skills learned will include the following and more.
- Cornering - stable seated and advanced cornering
- Front wheel lifting
- Introduction to jumping
- Bike Handling for more flow and stability
Is this program for me?
“I would just like to learn how to hop over obstacles properly.”
“Can't work out how to take corners faster.”
“I already ride well but I’m not really getting better.”
“My riding friends are all better than I am.”
“I can ride ok but struggle when trails point down over rocks.”
If any of these statements sound like you then perhaps this group program is for you.
What to bring
- Bike in good working order (including your usual spares for rides, chain lubed etc)
- Helmet (compulsory of course)
- Snacks & Water (in hydro pack or bottles etc for morning break)
- Food & Drink (for lunch break if not travelling into town to eat)
- Elbow & Knee Pads (recommended but not compulsory)
- MTB Gloves (recommended but not compulsory)
- Sunscreen & Bug Spray (just in case it's a beautiful day or the bugs hate us)
- Change of Clothes (so you don't stink your car out going home)