Intermediate Cornering Masterclass Session Awaba – 28th November
November 28 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am$95
In accordance with current mandates, some precautions should be considered when attending any activity with other people involved.
- Keep space between yourself and others – we instruct our coaches and students at each session to keep the current government and health advised minimum distances from other people at all times,
- Don’t shake hands or hug anybody,
- Avoid touching anything that is not yours including water bottles, bikes, bike gear or bike tools etc,
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or a flexed elbow, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth as much as possible.
- If a student/participant shows up with signs of sickness we are required to turn them back home and ask them to call their doctor.
Our Intermediate Cornering Masterclass Session is an intensive lesson on cornering like the pro riders. It is aimed at intermediate level riders with a reasonable amount of mountain biking experience.
For ages 13 yrs and above.
Location & Map: Awaba MTB Park (link to directions map)
Facilities: No water at location. Drop toilets on site.
More information will be emailed out a day or so before session.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
The lesson begins with basic cornering to ensure all riders are instinctively handling staple cornering skills correctly. The session then moves on to learning the various skills required to learn the completely different, advanced cornering technique you see the world’s best riders using. The end result is you will master, or at least leave with the skills to practice, advanced cornering quickly on flat and off-camber turns, as well as berms.
Skills learned will include the following and more.
- Correct body positions
- How and what to weight during a turn
- Basic Cornering
- Reading the trail and turns
- Choosing better lines through turns
- Advanced cornering for extra grip and speed
IS THIS FOR ME?
“I keep sliding out my front wheel in corners.”
“My friends disappear in the corners but I can’t work out how to take the corners faster.”
“I already ride well but I want shave some seconds off my time.”
“I need better cornering skills for my gravity racing.”
If any of these statements sound like you then perhaps this group program is for you.
WHAT TO BRING
- Mountain Bike – Although your mountain bike can be entry level, it is required that your bike is fitted with mountain bike tyres and not touring/semi-slick tyres. Preferably tyres with good grip in loose conditions. If you are unsure, please ask us. We do ask that, to the best of your ability, that you try to ensure your bike is in good working order prior to the class.
- Helmet – You are required to wear a correctly fitting, Australian approved helmet during all sessions.
- Dropper Post (recommended but not necessary) – Although not compulsory, having a dropper post on your bike is an advantage for many intermediate and advanced skills. If you don’t have a dropper post, you may wish to lower your seat height for some of the lessons.
- Knee and/or Elbow Pads (optional) – Although not compulsory, we do recommend considering extra protection in the form of soft shell pads. You not only gain the protection but also the confidence that comes from knowing you have the protection.
Refunds/Transfers (from our Terms & Conditions)
3.1. No transfers from one course/training/session will be given in the event a client or clients can not attend. If a client or clients can not attend then the conditions of clause 5 below will be employed.
3.2. A full refund is available for cancellation with more than seven days prior to the course/training/session start date. A cancellation less than seven days to the course/training/session start date will result in Momentum Is Your Friend retaining 100% of the course/training/session fees. Momentum Is Your Friend cannot cater for refund requests arising from injuries, sickness or illness (of any type), change of mind or other reasons a client or clients may have.
3.3. All prices are quoted in AUD (Australian Dollars).
Full Terms and Conditions Available Here