Gaining Confidence 3Hr Session Awaba – 6th Feb
February 6 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$95
In accordance with current mandates, some precautions should be considered when attending any activity with other people involved.
- Keep space between yourself and others – we instruct our coaches and students at each session to keep the current government and health advised minimum distances from other people at all times,
- Don’t shake hands or hug anybody,
- Avoid touching anything that is not yours including water bottles, bikes, bike gear or bike tools etc,
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or a flexed elbow, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth as much as possible.
- If a student/participant shows up with signs of sickness we are required to turn them back home and ask them to call their doctor.
Our Gaining Confidence 3Hr Session is aimed at those riders who have been riding a little while but, still really consider themselves to be more beginner than intermediate. You may also be someone who either lost confidence or never really gained it. Skills taught are then taken out onto the trails to better consolidate and give that ‘practical’ application.
For ages 13 yrs and above.
Location & Map: Awaba MTB Park (link to directions map)
Facilities: No water at location. Drop toilets on site.
More information will be emailed out a day or so before the session.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Our beginner Gaining Confidence 3Hr Session will begin by assessing the basic skills each rider in the group has and the MTB skills instructors with you will tailor the session to help each person progress through towards skills that give the riders better stability and confidence. As much as possible, this session is followed up out on the trails in order to use various trail features for learning.
Skills learned may include the following and more.
- Correct body positions
- Braking and Gear selection
- Balance and control
- Handling small obstacles
- Riding downhill
- Riding uphill
IS THIS FOR ME?
We’d describe a beginner needing to gain confidence as someone who fits one or more of the following.
- Relatively new to MTB, or have been riding for some time, or returning to MTB after a long break, but feel like they are still at a novice level of riding.
- Has done our Beginner Skills 3hr Session and feels confident they are ready for more, but are not ready for an intermediate session.
- Only feels confident or comfortable riding the easier/green trails.
- Struggles to get any flow or speed even on easier/green trails.
- Has problems with braking and wheels locking up or sliding.
- Finds themselves in the wrong gear often.
- Can’t or struggles to get over obstacles such as logs and rocks etc on trails.
- Often feels like they are going to go over the bars.
“I have not mountain biked in a long time and need to brush up on my skills.”
“I already ride a lot but I’m not really getting better.”
“My riding friends are all better than I am.”
“I can ride ok but struggle to get over small logs or downhills.”
“I have some basic skills but I need to be with an instructor/coach to help me improve.”
If any of these statements sound like you then perhaps this group program is for you.
WHAT TO BRING
Your mountain bike will need to be suited to cross country riding and fitted with mountain bike tyres. Touring or semi-slick tyres are not suitable.
If you are unsure about any of this, please ask us.
We do ask that, to the best of your ability, that you try to ensure your bike is in good working and properly set up for your body shape and weight prior to the class. We cannot hold the class up to aid mechanical repairs.
- Bike in good working order (including your usual spares for rides, chain lubed etc)
- Helmet (compulsory of course)
- Snacks & Water (in hydro pack or bottles etc for breaks
- MTB Gloves (recommended but not compulsory)
- Sunscreen & Bug Spray (just in case it’s a beautiful day or the bugs hate us)
- Change of Clothes (so you don’t stink your car out going home)
Refunds/Transfers (from our Terms & Conditions)
3.1. No transfers from one course/training/session will be given in the event a client or clients can not attend. If a client or clients can not attend then the conditions of clause 5 below will be employed.
3.2. A full refund is available for cancellation with more than seven days prior to the course/training/session start date. A cancellation less than seven days to the course/training/session start date will result in Momentum Is Your Friend retaining 100% of the course/training/session fees. Momentum Is Your Friend cannot cater for refund requests arising from injuries, sickness or illness (of any type), change of mind or other reasons a client or clients may have.
3.3. All prices are quoted in AUD (Australian Dollars).
Full Terms and Conditions Available Here