- This event has passed.
Beginners ‘Fast Track’ One Day Clinic
November 17, 2018 @ 7:45 am - 3:30 pm$145
For ages 13 yrs and above.
- 6 Hours of Professional Skills Training
- 1 x 4 coach ratio
Location: Awaba MTB Park (Direction map will be emailed out just before the day of clinic)
Facilities: Unisex drop toilets are located on site. No water or food available at location.
Check In: 7.30am - 7.45am
Bike Check & Intro: 7.45am - 8.00am
Session 1: 8.00am - 10.00am
Morning Break: 10.00am - 10.15am (BYO food and drink)
Session 2: 10.15am - 12.15pm
Lunch: 12.15pm - 1.00pm (BYO food and drink or these can be purchased from shops in Cooranbong or Freemans Waterhole)
Session 3: 1.00pm - 3.00pm
Feedback/Q&A: 3.00pm - 3.10pm
Beginners 'Fast Track' One day Mountain Bike Skills Clinic
Our beginners 'Fast Track' mtb skills one day clinic is aimed at those riders who can't get to the weekly sessions of our 5 week programs. This 'slimline' version of the 5 week program provides the core skills a rider needs to get going and gain some confidence in the bush.
Riders this one day clinic suits are complete beginners through to riders who have been riding a little while but, either lost confidence or never really gained it.
- NOTE 1: Unlike the 5 week program, there is less time to practice each skill. The aim is to demonstrate and allow enough practice time for students to take away the fundamentals they need to continue to practice each skill.
- NOTE 2: Although your mountain bike can be entry level, it is required that your bike is fitted with mountain bike tyres and not touring/semi-slick tyres. If you are unsure, please ask us.
What will I learn?
Sessions within our beginners 'Fast Track' mtb skills one day clinic, will begin with absolute basic skills and progress through towards skills that give the riders better stability and confidence.
Skills learned will include the following and more.
- Correct body positions
- Braking and Gear selection
- Basic Cornering
- Balance and control
- Handling small obstacles
- Learning to flow and more.
Is this program for me?
We’d describe a beginner as someone who fits one or more of the following.
- New or relatively new to MTB.
- Only feels confident or comfortable riding the easier/green trails.
- Struggles to get any flow or speed even on easier/green trails.
- Has problems with braking and wheels locking up.
- Finds themselves in the wrong gear often.
- Can’t or struggles to get over obstacles such as logs and rocks etc on trails.
- Often feels like they are going go over the bars.
- Have been riding for some time, or returning to MTB after a long break, but feel like they are still at a novice level of riding.
“I have a mountain bike but I’m scared to ride it on mountain bike trails.”
“I would just like to learn properly.”
“I have not mountain biked in a long time and need to brush up on my skills.”
“I already ride a lot but I’m not really getting better.”
“My riding friends are all better than I am.”
“I can ride ok but struggle to get over logs or down hills.”
If any of these statements sound like you then perhaps this group program is for you.
What to bring
- Bike in good working order (including your usual spares for rides, chain lubed etc)
- Helmet (compulsory of course)
- Snacks & Water (in hydro pack or bottles etc for breaks)
- Food & Drink (for lunch breaks)
- Elbow & Knee Pads (recommended but not compulsory)
- MTB Gloves (recommended but not compulsory)
- Sunscreen & Bug Spray (just in case it's a beautiful day or the bugs hate us)
- Change of Clothes (so you don't stink your car out going home)