Beginner’s Clinic – Awaba – 6th Nov
November 6 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am$95
In accordance with current mandates, some precautions should be considered when attending any activity with other people involved.
All students are required to be DOUBLE VACCINATED to meet current NSW Health regulations. You will be required to provide proof on the day. **Failure to do so will result in exclusion from attending this clinic with no refund option.**
- Keep space between yourself and others – we instruct our coaches and students at each session to keep the current government and health advised minimum distances from other people at all times,
- Don’t shake hands or hug anybody,
- Avoid touching anything that is not yours including water bottles, bikes, bike gear or bike tools etc,
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or a flexed elbow, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth as much as possible.
- If a student/participant shows up with signs of sickness we are required to turn them back home and ask them to call their doctor.
Our Beginner’s Clinic 3hr Session is aimed at those riders from complete beginners through to riders who have been riding a little while but, have either lost confidence or never really gained it. Learn the skills that will set you right so you can enjoy riding, safely and with conviction!
For ages 10 yrs and above.
Location & Map: Awaba MTB Park (link to directions map)
Facilities: No water at location. Drop toilets on site.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Sessions within our clinic will begin with the base Foundation of Skills and progress through towards skills that give the riders better stability and confidence. Depending on each student’s individual level will determine how our coaches will progress each skill so everyone gains progress and confidence safely.
Skills learned will include the following and more.
- Correct body positions
- Braking and Gear selection
- Basic Cornering
- Balance and control
- Trail Awareness and how to read terrain
- Handling small obstacles
IS THIS FOR ME?
We’d describe our ideal student as someone who fits one or more of the following.
- New or relatively new to MTB.
- Only feels confident or comfortable riding the easier/green trails.
- Struggles to get any flow or speed even on easier/green trails.
- Has problems with braking and wheels locking up.
- Finds themselves in the wrong gear often.
- Can’t or struggles to get over obstacles such as logs and rocks etc on trails.
- Often feels like they are going to go over the bars.
- Have been riding for some time, or returning to MTB after a long break, but feel like they are still at a novice level of riding.
“I have a mountain bike but I’m nervous to ride it on mountain bike trails.”
“I would just like to learn properly.”
“I have not mountain biked in a long time and need to brush up on my skills.”
“I already ride a lot but I’m not really getting better.”
“My riding friends are all better than I am.”
“I can ride ok but struggle to get over logs or downhills.”
If any of these statements sound like you then perhaps this group program is for you.
WHAT TO BRING
Your mountain bike will need to be suited to cross country riding and fitted with mountain bike tyres. Touring or semi-slick tyres are not suitable.
If you are unsure about any of this, please ask us.
We do ask that, to the best of your ability, that you try to ensure your bike is in good working and properly set up for your body shape and weight prior to the class. We cannot hold the class up to aid mechanical repairs.
- Bike in good working order (including your usual spares for rides, chain lubed etc)
- Helmet (compulsory of course)
- Snacks & Water (in hydro pack or bottles etc for breaks)
- MTB Gloves (recommended but not compulsory)
- Sunscreen & Bug Spray (just in case it’s a beautiful day or the bugs hate us)
- Change of Clothes (so you don’t stink your car out going home)
Refunds/Transfers (from our Terms & Conditions)
3.1. No transfers from one course/training/session will be given in the event a client or clients can not attend. If a client or clients can not attend then the conditions of clause 5 below will be employed.
3.2. A full refund is available for cancellation with more than seven days prior to the course/training/session start date. A cancellation less than seven days to the course/training/session start date will result in Momentum Is Your Friend retaining 100% of the course/training/session fees. Momentum Is Your Friend cannot cater for refund requests arising from injuries, sickness or illness (of any type), change of mind or other reasons a client or clients may have.
3.3. All prices are quoted in AUD (Australian Dollars).
Full Terms and Conditions Available Here